- October 23rd 2012: Scale Computing Closes $12 Million in Funding; Reports Record Q3 Results
- 28 March 2012: Nexenta ‘Most Improved Company of the Year’ at the 2012 Network Computing Awards
- April 26, 2012: NexentaVSA for VMware View™ Accelerates VDI Deployments with VMware's Rapid Desktop Program
- May 22, 2012:Nexenta Debuts NexentaVSA for View to Solve Complexity of Deploying VDI
- June 18, 2012: Announcing the New SGI® UV™: The Big Brain Computer
- May 14, 2012: SGI Takes Big Data Performance to New Levels with Intel® Xeon® Processor E5 Family
- April 10, 2012: SGI Resets the Bar on Network Attached Storage
- 13 February 2012: Nexenta Systems Sales Up 400 Percent in 2011
- 31 January 2012: Arista Enables Automated Cloud Networking with Advanced Event Management Capabilities
- 23 January 2012: Nexenta Secures $21 Million in Series C Funding
|21 March, 2011: Spectra Logic Drives New Era for Data Integrity|
Spectra Logic, celebrating more than 30 years of data storage innovation, today announced it is now offering data integrity verification across its complete line of T-Series tape libraries from SME to Enterprise—free of charge. Spectra’s BlueScale® Data Integrity Verification for tape libraries is an industry first and an important long-term data reliability feature that ensures data written to tape is retrievable now and for years into the future. With Data Integrity Verification, Spectra’s tape libraries are the only tape storage systems on the market today that actively, automatically check the media and the data on tape throughout the storage life of the data. Integrated data integrity verification is increasingly becoming a data center requirement for highly-valued data solutions. Data integrity verification is being addressed through data scrubbing techniques from memory to high-end RAID storage and is now available in all Spectra T-Series tape libraries.
Organizations are retaining ever-expanding volumes of data to meet long-term business and compliance objectives, and are increasingly storing large amounts of data for extended periods of time. Storage of digital archive data can extend years or decades, and it is critical to ensure the enduring integrity and accessibility of that data. Spectra’s Data Integrity Verification provides organizations of all sizes the utmost confidence their backup and archive data will be readily available when needed, regardless of how long it has been stored.
“The amount of data stored on tape continues to surge as massive and growing digital archive demands compel users to seek practical and economic ways to address escalating data volumes. We expect worldwide tape archive capacity to grow more than six fold over the next five years – from just under 13 exabytes in 2010 to over 81 exabytes by 2015, driven by both new digital content and extended storage timelines,” said Mark Peters, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group. “Consequently, organizations need smart strategies and tools that deliver extreme storage efficiencies while meeting stringent data reliability and availability requirements. Spectra Logic’s enterprise capabilities and tape technology innovations, including Data Integrity Verification, are excellent examples of this, helping to elevate storage best practices and to make tape solutions increasingly relevant as long-term storage demands grow.”
For more information on these solutions or to discuss your individual requirements,
please contact the NAS sales team on 01491 821640 or complete and submit your contact details here